Wednesday, April 8, 2009

There is them, and then there is me

Now that I stay at home full-time and have become a total blog-junkie, I often wonder about people who manage to blog everyday. Every Single Day! And some of them have been at it for years now. How do they manage to do it? And does it not take away from the joy of blogging, making it a chore that needs to be taken care of everyday? Or is it that I have gotten it all wrong and these folks blog everyday because they enjoy it so much? In which case, blogging leads to something akin to an 'exercise high', a concept which I anyway have trouble wrapping my mind around.
I have even greater trouble understanding how daily-bloggers manage to be that and still lead normal lives. My point is that if you know in advance that you are going to blog about something (in the case of a daily-blogger, it has to be something from their day), then it'd be really hard to not let your reaction to / experience of that particular thing get coloured by this fact. Of course, it's possible that I again have it all wrong and the act of blogging might actually make people less passive - will I observe a sunset more keenly if I know that I have to describe how beautiful it was on my blog? Although, this still remains an example of when an experience might get altered because of the subject's blogging self.
And then of course, there are some people who will sometimes blog about anything, just in order to get it done for that day. I wonder if that is what I am doing right now?

No comments: