Monday, April 27, 2009

Course correction?

It started with not having anything blog-worthy. And then I was lazy. But soon, my blogging-self was having something of an existential crisis - why am I blogging? Is it merely because it's the thing to do these days? If that, will I stop once the novelty factor (or whatever) wears off ...the way it did with posting facebook status messages? etc. etc.
Honestly, I still do not know what I am hoping to achieve by blogging. In fact, it's more like I do not even know if I am hoping to achieve anything.
Reading through my past few posts though, it seems that I have been treating this blogging thing as some kind of popularity contest - trying so, SO hard to be funny, indulging in exaggeration and hyperbole, sacrificing the thought for the punchline... ugh! And here I was thinking that I had grown up and left behind the insecurities of my school and college days!
But let me not draw you into the murky waters that I should be wading into only with my shrink. To cut a long story short then, here are the things we know about 15 post-old me:
- Tends to ramble
- Tries desperately to fit in by trying desperately to be funny.
I have no idea if I will stop doing any of the above right away. For all you know, I might just default to inane chatter of assorted irrelevance in my next post. But in the fact that even these 15 random posts may have held a mirror to my soul and helped me look beyond the fluff of a confident smile and an assured walk, I have a feeling that blogging may have achieved something already. What do you think?

No comments: