Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The one where I give too much information

I keep getting this mild fever every few weeks that has had V worried for some time now. So, he finally dragged me to the doctor yesterday when the said fever returned.
The sweet doctor patiently listened to my long and winding story (yeah, this blog isn't the only place for those) about how I get a low, recurring fever every few weeks, how it starts in the morning and is almost always gone by the evening, even my feeble joke about how it was my "morning sickness" (again, this blog isn't the only place...); and then declared that what I was describing sounded pretty normal. Normal?! Really??!! I do not know anybody else who gets a fever every couple of weeks that does not stay long enough for their husband to come back home from office and see for himself that the thing which made them not do laundry (yet again!) was actually a fever and not laziness (ok, well... not JUST laziness)!
My indignation not withstanding, apparently this fever IS normal - it is my body's response to hormonal changes. Which, by the way, is another way of saying that the fever is my PMS (just in case you are wondering, I do NOT get PMS every 2 weeks. The cause of the fever alternates between PMS and ovulation, more on which later, hopefully never).
So yes, back on topic. I am aghast! I used to pride myself in not ever getting a PMS. And now it turns out that not only do I do, I get it in the form of a fever!!! So, I don't even get to be cranky? I just get to lie in a corner and moan?
I tell you, life isn't fair!

No comments: